home > air
heated floors > components
Furnaces - Legalett
the air, which circulates through the system.
There are two general types:
Water Coil Units
- Very simple in design.
- Contain a water/air heat exchanger to distribute the
heat from the heat source (hot water tank, boiler, etc.)
to the air in the pipe system.
- Contains a fan to move the air.
- Simple thermocouple turns the fan on and off as demanded
by the supply of hot water to the unit by the thermostat.
- Uses internal valving for control, as well as the external
heat source to provide the heated water.
- Contains electric heating elements and a fan.
- Simple in overall function.
- Only requires electricity to heat the air directly with
the heating elements.
Heater Unit Control
- Up to 4 heating zones per unit.
- Simple wall mounted programmable thermostats.
All moving and mechanical components are contained
within the furnace box.
Furnace boxes can be easily opened and accessed for maintenance,