home > ICF
Campbellford, ON Residential ICF Project
Single Family Residence
Custom Two-Storey Home
1865 Square Feet
2310 Square Feet of ICF Walls
100% of Exterior Walls built
with Arxx ICFs
Project Completed – June 2004
- Home Owners Lambertha and Michal Vavro chose Arxx ICFs
for the solidity and insulation abilities of the product,
which gives them security and savings. They also liked the
fact that the Arxx wall system is used in hazard areas to
protect against wind-blown debris.
- Mrs. Vavro noted that their two-storey home cost just
a bit more to construct, but that the energy savings have
already far exceeded any additional cost. The in-floor heating
system on the main floor heats both stories of the home.
- “We had so many options for the exterior finish, but
decided to go with stone. The sub-contractor who did the
stonework loved the wallsystem – he couldn’t believe how
straight the walls were compared to traditional homes,”
said Mrs. Vavro.
- “Along with excellent skill, what sets the Arxx team apart
during this process was they were always there when we needed
them – they really cared that the build went well ... you
just don’t find that with building manufacturers!” In addition,
the Vavros said they received a high level of expert advice
and support from the Arxx Distributor, RONA Cashway in Campbellford,
- Energy Efficient - Arxx walls can produce equivalent insulation
values of up to R-50. This means that you can use a smaller
heating system and cooling system, and save up to and over
50% on your energy bills compared to a conventional home.
- Strength & Security - Arxx walls can be designed to
withstand wind speeds of up to 150 mph or more. Laboratory
tests simulating hurricane storm damage demonstrate that
an Arxx home can withstand wind-blown debris travelling
at over 100 mph.
- Comfort - Arxx insulated concrete walls virtually eliminate
the “cold spots” that often occur in old fashioned
frame walls, because your home is wrapped in a continuous
layer of foam insulation.
- Noise Reduction - The massive concrete core of an Arxx
wall protects your home from external noise. An Arxx wall
will reduce sound transmission into your home by 75-85%
when compared to a conventional wood frame wall.
“We’ve been in our home for about a year
and a half, and have not had to use air-conditioning –
the Arxx system and an open window is all our house needs
to stay cool!”
– Lambertha and Michal Vavro, Home Owners
Don K. Clarke, Castleton, ON