home > air
Air Heated Floor Installation
The LEGALETT Air-Heated Structural Slab-on-Grade or Buried
Foundation Employs Standard Building Components such as Furnaces,
Piping, Insulation, Concrete, and Can Be Built By Do-It-Yourself
Individuals with Minimal Supervision.
The following photographs provide a pictorial description
of the installation of a typical LEGALETT Foundation Radiant
Floor Heating System.
1. Strip topsoil and place 3/4" clear stone.
Compact, smooth and level.
2. Locate and place plumbing risers and all other
under slab services.
3. Lay out edge elements
4. Install first layer of polystyrene insulation
5. Install second layer of polystyrene insulation board,
offsetting the joints
6. Install the bottom layers of wire mesh on
chairs as per drawings
(perimeter or bearing walls only)
7. Install furnace boxes as per drawings and Product
8. Cut and install piping
9.Insulate ductwork as per drawings
10. Complete installation of piping
11.Install the top layer of wire mesh, and other rebar
as per drawings
12. After inspection by LEGALETT installer, place
concrete using vibrator.
13. Steel trowel surface using power trowels.
Hand trowel around furnace boxes.
14. Keep top of slab moist for 3 days to minimize
15. A LEGALETT construction heater can be used during
and after placing the concrete and needs to be run for 2 weeks
before flooring material installation or permanent insert